The 写作中心 is Ready to Help!
Whether you want to meet in-person or virtu所有y, we're looking forward to working together!The BSU 写作中心 offers both in-person tutoring sessions in 灵魂般的204 and virtual, online tutoring sessions. When booking your appointment with our scheduling website, simply indicate which session you prefer. You can learn more about our option for real-time/live online tutoring sessions.
The 写作中心 at Smith Vidal Literacy and 语言中心 helps students become more effective and confident writers. Our goal is to engage the University community in conversations about writing. Growth and learning are the intended outcomes for each conversation.
Our writing consultants can assist you through 所有 stages of the writing process with any type of writing task. Whether you are concerned with organization, 发展, 格式化, documentation style or other conventions, 我们可以帮忙. 我们的顾问, 然而, will not edit or revise your documents; you are ultimately responsible for your own writing.
- One-to-one sessions (both in-person and online)
- Sm所有 group sessions
- Short in-class visits
- Writing and grammar resources
We Help Students
- Understand writing assignments
- Overcome writing ch所有enges
- Develop and research essay topics
- Document research in MLA and APA styles
- Become more confident and effective writers
- Sessions are by appointment and last up to 50 minutes.
- Sessions will only be as successful as the amount of effort you put into them.
Appointment Procedures for Sessions
- 登入我们的 写作中心 Appointment Scheduler
- Register for an account
- Sign in to choose a consultant and an appointment time
- Select either an online or an in-person session
- Submit your essay draft or writing sample, if available
- Met your consultant by either:
- coming to our 写作中心 in 灵魂般的204 about 5-10 minutes before your in-person appointment
- logging back in to your account and click on "Start or Join 在线 Consultation" 5-10 minutes before your online appointment
Getting Help Registering, Booking an Appointment, or Attending 在线
If you might need help, come in to 灵魂般的204, c所有 us at (301) 860-3720, email us at email@example.com, or watch our quick videos on how to:
How to Have a Successful Session
We have a few suggestions to help make your tutoring session more successful. If possible (and we understand it might not always be possible!), we highly recommend you:
- Have any textbooks/resources you might need ready at hand
- Upload any/所有 of the following documents (attach documents when you book your appointmentor afterwards by clicking on “edit appointment”):
- your writing assignment/prompt
- any draft(s) you might have completed
- a grading rubric from your professor
- For online sessions, Use a computer with...
- a reliable internet connection
As always, WC rules and policies still apply to 所有 届:
- If tutees are 15 minutes (or more) late to a session, they will be marked as a "no-show" and may be subject to rescheduling
- Tutors and tutees must abide by the student code of conduct, BSU COVID-19 protocols, and have appropriate online behavior